HEALTH BENEFITS OF GALANGAL
Galangal belongs to the family of rhizome family. Galangal herb is simply like ginger and turmeric and hence it’s commonly referred to as ‘Siamese ginger’. This magical herb is especially utilized in Southeast Asian cuisine especially Thai. It contains essential oil, resin, alpinin, flavonoids, galangal, galangol and kaempferide. This essential oil plays a key role in herb’s medicinal properties like treating and calming stomach related disorders. Galangal is out there in powdered, oil, tea, fluid extract form. It’s got aromatic, pungent, peppery and ginger like flavor. It’s red in color with white interior.
Galangal has number of health benefits and a few of them are listed below- have a look!
- Galangal is loaded in antioxidants which help in minimizing the damage caused by free radicals in body.
- Galangal is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which help in effective treatment of arthritis and atrophic arthritis.
- You would be glad to understand that chewing few slices of galangal helps in treating ailments like kinetosis and nausea etc.
- For getting instant relief from diarrhea, consuming fresh galangal in daily diet proves very effective.
- Consuming galangal helps in getting relief from discomfort caused thanks to inflammation of abdomen and ulcers in a simple way.
- Including generous amount of galangal in your daily diet helps in improving blood circulation process in body.
- You would be glad to understand that galangal is rich source of vitamin A and C, iron, flavonoids, sodium and phytonutrients too. It’s affluent in iron, sodium.
- It is extremely effective in treating vomiting, kinetosis, flatulence, nausea, dyspepsia and loss of appetite.
- Its use can magically keep off ailments like flu, pharyngitis, cough, cold, bronchitis, liver, infection, rheumatism and gallbladder complaints.
- You would be surprised to understand that galangal is additionally utilized in various homeopathic medicines as a stimulant.
- In India, it used as a body deodorizer and halitosis remedy.
- Bloom allowances of galangal basis are very effective to prevent discharge problem.
- It is additionally very effective in treating belly discomforts and belly pain.
However the recommended dose of galangal should be taken only. Remember that prime doses of volatile oil can cause hallucinations. Even pregnant and nursing patients should avoid its use.